Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Weird News

“Hikers lose reality about the cows.” I guess they’ve been hugging them and stuff. This pisses them off, and things get ugly. When I was a kid, I sat and stared at an electric outlet for a really long time trying to imagine what would happen if I stuck my finger in it like my mom told me not to. Being told not to hug a cow does not inspire the same curiosity in me. Cows stink.
Don't hug the cows

Several years ago, a list of things one could do to become an annoying human circulated around the internet. One of my favorites was to jump up and down and scream, “I won! I won!” at the ATM. I’ve done this before, and it works. It annoys people. In Japan , however, one can do this legitimately, for customers can play roulette at ATM machines in Toyko. Strange world we live in.
Bank to woo customers with ATM roulette game

That the Finns came up with a cell-phone throwing contest makes me proud to be of Finnish descent. That they also came up with a wife-carrying contest does not.

Man throws phone 292 feet to win contest

No comments: